We seeks a Part Time Editor to weed to work variable hours (must have availability weeknights and weekends) supporting our website news editing.
This is a remote, on-call position and may be worked from home. Ability to work with a variety of staff as part of a virtual team.
- Edit documents for consistency in style, voice, word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Check the format of various documents, including text, headings, reference citations, charts/tables, graphics, and figures.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate effectively with internal clients, and meet project deadlines.
- Adhere closely to our house style and client style guidelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, psychology, or another writing-intensive major.
- Academic or other experience (such as writing or editing a student publication) will also be considered.
- Proficient using Adobe PDF and MS Office applications: Word (including the Track Changes and comments functions), PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated, strong editing skills required, including proofreading, editing, spelling, grammar, and format checking. An editing test will be administered.